Certificate of Training
Course starts in 23 days
This course assumes no prior social media knowledge in a business context, but it is NOT for beginners.
The program will suit people with a sound business, marketing, sales or communications background who need a digital top-up. For instance, you have been given expanded digital responsibilities as part of your work role, are returning to the workforce after an extended leave, embarking on a career move, bringing digital responsibilities in-house after using an agency, or are about to set up your own business.
We keep class sizes small – 15 participants, max – so that there’s always time for questions or clarification. For HR or resume purposes, certification of attendance is provided.
The social media and digital platforms covered within this course include:
- LinkedIn (Company Pages)
- The Website
- Google Analytics
Across these platforms the following themes are explored:
- Content requirements. Hint: more quality, less quantity.
- Is a social media budget allocation necessary? Most probably, yes.
- That latest social media algorithm update and why you should ignore it.
- Generating reports – maintaining a focus on business-level numbers, not vanity metrics.
- Video content – social media cat-nip.
- Content marketing – positioning a brand as the subject-matter expert.
- Search Engine Optimisation – page 1 of Google and how to earn your place there.
- Social media conventions – using tags, hashtags and attributions in context.
Even if you have been working with social media for some while, this would be an opportunity to refamiliarise yourself with other nuts-and-bolts marketing concepts such as increasing the effectiveness of your website as a sales funnel, drawing insights from a Google Analytics report, optimising your website, blog or YouTube videos for organic search (search engine optimisation) and how to fully open the content marketing tap.
What participants thought
Small Business Owner
Easy and practical information, the net101 courses are a must for anyone who is using social media for business. Tim and his team are extremely knowledgeable and provide a fantastic insight with information that you can take away and actual use afterwards! These courses have been invaluable to my business. Thanks again Tim and look forward to the next one!
Growth & Retention Manager
Completed basics and advanced social and digital marketing courses with Tim Martin - exceptional! Informative, practical and fun. I feel empowered to take my learnings and apply to my business.
Other courses that may be of interest
Want this course delivered to your team?
Even better when taken together. Share the learnings and enhance your capabilities as team.